Chair yoga is a gentle yoga class where we spend the class in the comfort of a chair and combine exercises, stretching, breathing, relaxation and meditation. These classes improve strength, flexibility, range of motion, and overall mobility. Like all yoga classes chair yoga helps people develop more self-awareness, self-regulation and self-care.
When we are balanced we feel better physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Who can do Chair Yoga?
Anyone who can sit in a chair. No yoga experience necessary.
Benefits of Chair Yoga
- promote relaxation
- reduce symptoms of stress, depression and fatigue
- improve strength
- enhance flexibility
- greater self-awareness
- improve sleep quality
- help to prevent fall-related injuries
- increase concentration
- increase posiitivty
- healthy and natural weight loss through raised metabolic rate
- improve bone health
- reduce pain
- increase respiratory and cardiovascular function
- connection with others
- improve circulation
- reduce fear of falling
- enhance the body’s natural ability to heal
- create a feeling of calm, peace and balance
- restore wholeness and well-being at the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level.